Dance City have been a delivery partner for The Prince’s Trust for 3 years. We deliver their ‘Get started with Dance programme’ which is for 16 – 25 year olds currently not in Education, Employment or Training. Each programme lasts for 5 days with an introduction to dance and group skills to create a performance piece to share with family and friends on the final day.
The young people have the opportunity to
- Work with dance professionals, take part in different dance styles including House, Street and Contemporary
- Learn about basic steps, advanced routines and create their own work
- Learn about opportunities within the Dance industry
- Meet new people, & build confidence
- Be supported for 3 months following the course by The Princes Trust team
- With travel costs and lunch provided
- And a free Dance City top on completion
This years course will take place from the 4th to the 8th of March 2019 with a taster day on Monday 25th February, find out more and get in touch here.
Statistics & Successes
We have worked with up to 40 young people through the projects so far who have come from a variety of difficult backgrounds. One of the young people on our course last year is now part of our B-Tec programme at Dance City and won the HSBC Breakthrough Award at the ‘Celebrate Success Awards’ held at the Sage Gateshead.
“The staff made me feel so supported and encouraged” she said “It gave me so much strength”
In partnership with: