Vacancy: Training Academy Communications Assistant
Training Academy Communications Assistant
(9 Month Fixed Term Contract 0.5 FTE)
Based at: Dance City, Newcastle upon Tyne
Responsible to: Head of Communications
Hours: Part time 20 hours per week (0.5 FTE)
Salary: £18,000 Pro Rata
Term of Contract: 9 months initially with opportunity to extend
- To support the Head of Communications with recruitment of prospective students to Dance City’s Training Academy. This includes CAT, BA and MA courses.
- To support in tactical delivery of the Training Academy Communications Plan. To include developing content and coordinating production of the whole marketing mix – print, promotion, events, digital, social media etc reflective of Dance City’s Training Academy brand, imagery and identity
- Monitor, maintain and update Dance City’s website and ensure all digital information is current and accurate.
- Updating and monitoring Dance City Training Academy social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter.
- Oversee the creation of email and direct mail campaigns.
- To assist with organising and attend Dance City’s Training Academy events, open days and external events and exhibitions – acting as an advocate and expert on all Training Academy courses.
- To assist with booking and delivering recruitment workshops in schools and colleges, ensuring that the ‘One Dance City’ approach is adhered to through careful management of the marketing database and provision to dance teachers of appropriate marketing collateral.
- Attending and digitally documenting student performances, creating performance programmes, inviting VIPs to performances.
- Assisting with the promotion of MA Advanced Performance tour.
- Photography, videography and written content production capturing everyday student life.
- Liaising with suppliers including designers, printers, mailing house, distribution companies, videographers and photographers.
- Ensuring that all media is appropriately credited and that students have given consent for their imagery to be used for marketing purposes.
- Gathering and reporting on quantitative and qualitative data from staff and students.
- To provide evidence of successes and reports for use at strategic Dance City meetings (i.e. Board and major stakeholders).
- Gather monitoring, evaluation and other documentation across Dance City’s Training Academy as required.
- To carry out routine administrative duties and respond to day to day enquiries.
- Working closely with the Educational Administrator to ensure that student communications are proactive and professional.
- Coordinating, attending and notetaking at all internal Training Academy communications discussions and ensuring that notes and action points are circulated.
- Be fully conversant with Dance City’s ticket office system (spektrix) able to generate reports, insights and mailings and support the growth and development of the database.
- Cultivating close collaborative relationships with Training Academy staff and students, particularly Student Reps.
- To support coherence in Dance City’s Training Academy output across its programmes, the wider community and arts sector.
- To engage and support service users in identifying the impact Dance City’s Training Academy has on their learning and document as appropriate.
- To assist with the development of a Dance City Alumni network.
- To bring flair and imagination to the role, contributing towards the development of lively, inspiring communications plans.
- Take part in training activities as appropriate.
- Undertake any other duties as required.
Deadline for applications: 8 January 2020
Please download the job pack below and complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org