Dance City have partnered with The Prince’s Trust for a third time to deliver a Get Started in Dance, a week long intensive dance training programme for people aged 16-25 who are currently out of work, training and education.
This wonderful opportunity has been designed to improve confidence, people skills and employability and of course dance knowledge as participants work together over 5 days to devise, choreograph and perform an original piece.
The young people have the chance to:
- Work with dance professionals, take part in different dance styles including House, Street and Contemporary
- Learn about basic steps, advanced routines and create their own work
- Learn about opportunities within the Dance industry
- Meet new people, & build confidence
- Be supported for 3 months following the course by The Princes Trust team
- With travel costs and lunch provided
- And a free Dance City top on completion
The Newcastle based organisation have already worked with up to 40 young people through the projects so far who have come from a variety of backgrounds. One of whom later took part in Dance City’s BTEC programme and won the HSBC Breakthrough Award at the ‘Celebrate Success Awards’ held at the Sage Gateshead.
“The staff made me feel so supported and encouraged” she said “It gave me so much strength”
This years course will take place from the 4th to the 8th of March 2019 with a taster day on Monday 25th February, find out more here.