In collaboration with The Mischief Company, Dance City is excited to offer a unique opportunity, for young emerging dancers to develop their professional practice, and work in the role of a company dancer as part of the Government’s Kickstart Scheme.
The Kickstart Scheme is a six-month, paid, career development opportunity for young people aged 16-24 years who are in receipt of Universal Credit. The placement will run November 2021 – April 2022, 25 hours per week, based in Sunderland.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a professional company
- Develop confidence in their dance and physical theatre practice
- Strengthen their professional portfolio
- Establish professional links and networks across the sector
The Mischief Company is an award-nominated, dynamic, physical theatre company known for creating narrative driven twists on myths and fairy tales. The company has been commissioned to create an explosive, exciting, bold and moving work which will premiere at Dance City at the end of the placement. Industry professionals will be invited to the performance, creating exposure for the dancers, and showcasing new talent.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants must be in receipt of Universal Credit and age 16-24.
- Talk to your Work Coach at Job Centre Plus about being referred to apply.
- Deadline for applications: 15 September 2021
- Eligible applicants will be invited to an audition.
Don’t miss out on this PAID opportunity, apply today!